miércoles, 8 de agosto de 2007

De malas

Unfortunate Event Series

You might remeber mi Que camello post.

God, I don't know why I still use Debian. I really don't know. Man, I'm a gay man. Gay people like things quick and easy. LOL. But that would be part of another post.

The other day there at the office they bought an IBM x3650 Server. (Drool like Homer Simpson) [Unfortunate Event #1]. A coworker of mine insisted in installing Debian [Unfortunate event #2]. The main purpose of that machine was training and development. But since the tools that we need to are not supported by debian we decided to vertualiza machines in order to keep all the data separated and consistent "machines" to work in. [Unfortunate Event #3]. Then someone acknowledged that VMWare was one of the best tools to virtualize machines [Unfortunate Event #4]. We needed to virtualize three machines. One with 3GB of RAM, the other with 2GB and the other one with 512 Mb. [Unfortunate Event #5]. WmWare turned out not being able to support a total amount of memory greater than 4Gb. [Unfortunate event #6]. So, I decided to virtualize with VmWare the first and the third. I decided to use QEmuto virtualize the other. [Unfortunate Event #7]. Qemu is pure garbage when it comes to virtualize Windows. Let alone a server. [Unfortunate Event #8]. Everybody was pressing. So I decided on XEN. [Unfortunate Event #9]. Since I had no experience with it [Unfortunate Event #10] I started to read first. Then I downloaded the packages, including the relevant kernels [Unfortunate Event #11]. When I had finally managed to configure it, after a thousand minutes I started a virtual machine. But it said something about hotplug scripts then I thought: "it's missing the hotplug package"

#apt-get install hotplug [MAIN UNFORTUNATE EVENT]

I didn't read anything and just wrote YES.

The result: I had to spend most of the night fixing what I had just caused. The package conflicted with the KERNEL and it just deleted it.

I don't know why I still use debian.

To be 'De malas': A expression that you use when you have very bad luck.

Related words:

To be 'salado'

No hay comentarios: